- The GST Council has recommended changes in the GST rates on the following goods:
|HSN||Description||Present GST Rate||Recommended GST rate|
|1.||0802||Walnuts, whether or not shelled||12%||5%|
|5.||2106||Batters, including idli / dosa batter||18%||12%|
|Oil cakes||Nil for cattle feed 5% for other uses||5%
[irrespective of end use]
|7.||2306||Cotton seed oil cake||Nil for cattle feed 5% for other uses||Nil [irrespective of end use]|
|8.||3307 41 00||Dhoop batti, dhoop, sambhrani and other similar items||12%||5%|
|9.||3926||Medical grade sterile disposable gloves of plastics||28%||18%|
|12.||4016||Rice rubber rolls for paddy de-husking machine||28%||18%|
|13.||4907||Duty Credit Scrips||12%||5%|
|14.||50 to 55||Khadi fabric, sold through Khadi and Village Industrries Commission’s outlets||5%||Nil|
|15.||5801||Corduroy fabrics||12%||5% [with no refund of ITC]|
|18.||6912||Idols made of clay||28%||Nil|
|19.||44, 68, 83||Idols of wood, stone [including marble] and metals [other than those made of precious metals]||28%||12%|
|20.||7102||Rough industrial diamonds including unsorted rough diamonds||3%||0.25%|
|21.||8424||Nozzles for drip irrigation equipment or sprinklers [mechanical appliances (whether or not hand operated) for projecting, dispersing or spraying liquids or powders]||18%||12%|
|22.||8445||Charkha for hand spinning of yarns, including amber charkha||Nil / 18%||Nil|
|23.||8528||Computer monitors upto 20”
Note: Computer monitors upto 17” are already at 18%.
|24.||9404||Cotton quilts||18%||5% on cotton quilts not exceeding Rs.1000 per piece, 12% on cotton quilts exceeding Rs.1000 per piece|
|25.||9601||Worked corals, other than articles of coral||28%||5%|
|26.||9603||Brooms and brushes, consisting of twigs or other vegetable materials, bound together, with or without handles.
Note: Phool bahari jhadoo is already at Nil GST.
|27.||9613||Kitchen gas lighters||28%||18%|
|28.||Any Chapter||Rosaries and prayer beads||18%||5%|
|29.||Any Chapter||Hawan samagri||Applicable rate||5%|
|30.||4419||Table and Kitchenware etc. of wood||18%||12%|
|31.||4601, 4602||Grass, leaf and reed and fibre products, including mats, pouches, wallets||12%||5%|
|32.||4823||Paper Mache articles||18%||5%|
|33.||68||Stone inlay work||28%||12%|
|34.||6802||Statues, statuettes, pedestals; high or low reliefs, crosses, figures of animals, bowls, vases, cups, cachou boxes, writing sets, ashtrays, paper weights, artificial fruit and foliage, etc; other ornamental goods essentially of stone.||28%||12%|
|35.||6909||Pots, jars and similar articles of a kind used for the conveyance and packing of goods of ceramic.||28%||12%|
|36.||6911||Tableware, kitchenware, other household articles and toilet articles of porcelain or china [including small accessories bathroom or sanitary fittings such as soap dishes, sponge baskets, toothbrush holders, towel hooks and toilet paper holders]||18%||12%|
|37.||6912||Tableware, kitchenware, other household articles and toilet articles other than of porcelain or china [including small accessories bathroom or sanitary fittings such as soap dishes, sponge baskets, toothbrush holders, towel hooks and toilet paper holders].||28%||12%|
|38.||6913||Statues and other ornamental articles.||28%||12%|
|39.||8306||All goods, including bells, gongs and the like, non-electric, of base metal; statuettes and other ornaments of base metal including metal bidriware; photograph, picture or similar frames, of base metal; mirrors of base metal,||18%||12%|
|40.||9601||Worked ivory, bone, tortoise shell, horn, antlers, mother of pearl, and other animal carving material and articles of these materials (including articles obtained by moulding)]; articles of coral||28%||12%|
2. The issue of avoidance of 5% GST on pulses, cereals and flours, put up in unit container and bearing a registered brand name, was also discussed by the GST Council. After detailed deliberations, the Council recommended that the following amendments may be made to the existing Notifications, so as to provide that:
1) A brand registered as on 15.05.2017 shall be deemed to be a registered brand for the purposes of levy of 5% GST, irrespective of whether or not such brand is
2) A brand registered as on 15.05.2017 under the Copyright Act, 1957 shall also be
treated as a registered brand for the purposes of levy of 5% GST.
3) A brand registered as on 15.05.2017 under any law for the time being in force in any other country shall also be deemed to be a registered brand for the purposes of levy of 5% GST.
4) A mark or name in respect of which actionable claim is available shall be deemed to be a registered brand name for the purposes of levy of 5% GST.
3. Indigenous handmade musical instruments attract Nil GST. The Council recommended a list of such handmade instruments [eligible for Nil GST rate]